Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Happy 5 de MAYO



Sorry I got online so late this week!!!! We got to go down to Wilmington during the day and see the beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST DAY EVER. I don't have very much time now though!



OH MY GOSH! the other day was actually the best day ever. AN APOSTLE CAME TO MY MISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Elder Neil Anderson came and spoke to us. It was amazing.. They sent out the message that we had to be in Raleigh to see him Saturday afternoon on Friday afternoon. They literally gave us a 24 hour notice, I started screaming when I heard!! I was so excited because I have never been in the same room as an apostle before, so it was pretty great:) He talked to us about the Savior majority of the time.. He talked to us about how through Christ and learning more about Him by reading the Book of Mormon we can do things we never thought we would be able to do. He also talked about what a blessing it truly is to be called to serve here in Raleigh North Carolina. He said that some people have a misconception that the best missionaries get sent to crazy places around the world, but in reality there has to be some really good missionaries that stay here in the United States and build the church here because it is kind of the central point to the church.. So not necessarily saying I am one of those great missionaries that needed to be in the US instead of out of the country (in fact not at all haha), but I just thought that was interesting that he said that and it is good to hear and be able to share with others who may feel disappointed in their state side mission calls.


We were all sitting there in the chapel as a mission before he came into the room and we were just singing hymns and I almost started crying.. The spirit was just so strong.. I loved it. Then he came into the room and we all got to go up and shake his hand. It was amazing.. I know that he is truly a chosen man to teach and preach the gospel.



This past week was a little bit slower than the weeks previous.. I am not exactly sure what was different. But yesterday was the BEST sunday I have ever had here in the Wallace branch. Actually I probably would say in my mission! It was just really inspiring and spirit filled. I love this place.. It is hard but it is so great. I am so excited for this next transfer.. We have so many people in our teaching pool and there are 3 people that I am confident that the Lord has prepared and wants to be baptized by the end of this month. I am trying my hardest to do everything we possibly can to get them there. I think it is finally time that we see someone get baptized here:) we work so hard every single day.



We do a companionship inventory every week with our planning sessions and it was such a compliment this past week my companions told me that my strength is that I am so diligent and hard working.. That is one of the best things to hear.



AHH I have to go already. Sorry i am so flustered because i dont have like any time. talkto you sunday i love you!!!!!!!


-hermana weller






Happy Cinco de Mayo by the way:)

No comments:

Post a Comment