Monday, April 21, 2014

Wallace! Wallace! Wallace!



Hello family!!
Well. This week was great as always!

Monday night we got to go to teach ____ and ____ our new investigators that Sister ____ introduced us to last week. We taught them the Restoration and it was good.. We definitely realized after that lesson though that we really need to figure out what is going on with our flow with having a trio. It is difficult having more than one other person to teach with because sometimes you are fighting to get your comments in. So luckily later this last week we went to the first transfer training meeting and one of the activities we did there in a role-play opened our eyes and helped us figure out what works for us in teaching and since then it has been SO much better. It is great:) We are so much more organized and the Spirit is stronger now that we are working in better unity.








So when we went and taught them the second time, Thursday, we taught the Plan of Salvation.. It was amazing. The Spirit was literally so strong! and I truly love them so much. A really neat experience at that lesson was that they told us at the beginning of the lesson they JUST had a family member pass away about 2 days earlier. Then they started discussing about how at funerals everyone wears black and how it is so sad and dark.. but they don't want people to wear black at their funerals... they want everyone to wear white. I almost started crying.. Just thinking about them in white and going to the temple and even after this life when we all do get to meet up and celebrate together how we will all be wearing white. It was really special.






We taught our one Spanish investigator this week as well.. and it was actually a really really good experience. We sat at her table with her this time...and it was quiet- her kids were outside playing and it was amazing the difference the environment made. We were able to understand her and she really opened up to us. Even though we didn't use perfect Spanish in our responses, she respects us a lot I think and we feel like she has great potential. We just read from the Book of Mormon with her and asked her inspired questions about things and it was super good. We now say we need to have "____ -lessons" with everyone haha.






Other than that not a whole lot to report:) We played soccer again with the youth (and others) on Friday because the Easter egg hunt for the primary was Saturday morning and we didn't want to interfere with that time.. and it was a huge success!! Our investigator, ___ and her friend came and so did a ton of other people.. it has been good doing the soccer.










Yesterday we had Easter dinner with the Adkins family and it was so nice.. haha Home-cooked food, and TONS of it!! Casseroles upon casseroles.. yummmmy. and lots of desserts.






So, we did some service this week...helped planted a garden and some flowers!








We have way too much candy in our house for our own good.. Thanks to Mom's package and my companion's families, too! I gave a bunch of it away yesterday lol :) ...but not the good stuff, G'ma Weller! ;)






OH! big news as well.. I am staying here in Wallace! President told all of us at the meeting this past week what is happening. Sister Dickerson and I are staying in Wallace and sister Deacon is going to open a new area with a new sister this next transfer! Sister Lopez (my old comp) is going to be an English sister for one transfer! It is fun stuff:) There will be 10 Spanish Sisters after this next transfer and I don't think we will be getting any more for a while after that..






Well. If you didn't get the opportunity to watch the #becauseofHim video on easter.mormon.org go do it RIGHT NOW. It literally is amazing.. I cried the first time I watched it. I love it and I want to get it on a disk and use it year around!!!








I know that my Savior truly did suffer for me and everything I will ever experience in my life, and that He died for me. But not only did He die for me, He rose 3 days later in perfected form.. Which in His perfected form he came back and visited the people and showed them His scars.. His scars are eternal and a part of His perfected body because that sacrifice He made for us is eternal. I love Him so much, and I love the work I am so privileged to be called to do.






I love and miss you all so much!!!


-Hermana Weller

No comments:

Post a Comment