Monday, January 5, 2015

Feliz Año Nuevo!!! (Happy New Year!)

HOLA! :) I can not believe it is 2015. that is SO weird!!!! It makes me feel old haha.. Have I really been out of high school for almost 3 years??


Well, we had a fun preparation day last week! We went over to Daisy's house and ___ and ____ came too and we made Oreo Balls, then they took an extremely unattractive picture of me after doing my makeup... and then we went over to the church and played basketball... and I kicked the soccer ball against the walls. It was a good time :)

Then we went and had a lesson with a referral we got recently! It is relatives of a family in the ward! It was a good lesson. They had a lot of questions already about the Book of Mormon and about what we need to do here on the earth and things like that. So, that was good. We were able to answer their questions and then at the end they were like- "You should go over and explain this to my brother. He doesn't understand what the Book Of Mormon is either." hahaha.. so that was pretty great!! We didn't even ask yet and they gave us a referral! We are going to see them again tonight and we are excited :)

Then we went on exchanges the next day with the Sister leaders and that was kinda fun because Sister Deacon had been comps with the sister I went with. So she had actually been partially Spanish for a transfer! So, she was loving being around Hispanic people again--and the food! :) We ate with the best cook in the ward!! haha it was so great :)
But we also got to see a couple of new investigators that we found the week before.. the ones we showed the He is the Gift video to and they really enjoyed it. I taught the Restoration all by myself because she doesn't speak Spanish.. and then at the end we were inviting them to read the Book Of Mormon and pray about it.. they said they have read it before because they have met with elders in the past i guess and they said they just have never really felt anything.. its just another book to them. I was like NOOO!!! It's not though!! I was just like-- "Okay well, will you give it another chance and read 2 of my favorite chapters, and I PROMISE YOU WILL feel the Spirit of God, because I always do when I read them!!" And they said "Yes"!!! :) So i gave them 2 Nephi 11 and 27. I just pray that they read it and they can feel the Spirit. The Book of Mormon is NOT just another book.. it is truly the Word of God. It is truly another testament of Christ, and I love it so much.



Then the next day was New Years Eve! So.. we couldn't really proselyte past 5pm because people start partying and what not at that point. and especially for Hispanic people! New Year's is just as big as Christmas for them!! but.. that evening turned out to be quite the adventure for us :)
....

Since it was the last day of the month.. and there were 31 not 30 days in the month.. we realized that we had about 4 miles left when we got home and we had a dinner with a family in the ward that night! So we texted the sister to ask if she could pick us up.. but she didn't ever answer so we were like... well.. they only live about 3.5 miles away soo.. if we drive 2 miles and then bike the rest of the way we will be good! So, we go and get our bikes.. and my tires were completely DEAD haha. NO AIR AT ALL and all we had was a hand pump.. soooo.. we sat there for about 20 minutes pumping the tires up hahahhahaha and we were just dying laughing because how ridiculous it was! But, I was excited! hahaha. Finally we got it all pumped up to 50 PSI and we left! We were just laughing the entire time.. it was so much fun. And even though that night was pretty cold, we got all suited up (i put on my helmet backwards at first because I don't really know how to use it) and it was actually quite fun to ride a bike! I loved it! (but I don't really want to have to do that often haha)

When we got there about 40 mins late becuase of the whole process of pumping the tires and stuff.. the members felt so bad!! hahahaha they forgot their phone at work so she never knew! but they did take us home afterwards :)



Then New Year's Day!! It was another non-proselyting day.. so we went and had lunch with the ____'s and then after we went to the sister leaders house and Sister Oliver cut my hair! So, that was fun.. i just got a trim --no worries :)

Then Saturday we had a really really good day. We went out to find people... and it was so great!! We prayed really really hard to just find the people that the Lord wanted us to find and we found a few really great potentials!!!!!!!! It was amazing.. We just felt so good afterwards. Even though we didn't really teach that many lessons that day we set up return appts and yesterday we had one of them... and they are super elect... Its a mom with 2 kids and she hasn't been to church in about a year.. and her girl is 9 and they have a little baby. She feels "alejado de Dios" (far from God) and she wants to get close to Him again.. especially for her kids too. So we taught the Restoration and they really liked it! I am really really grateful for the 12-week training program that we have and that I get to do with Sister Swalberg because I have been out for a while now.. but being able to review the basics with that program and be reminded of the true purpose i am out here.. is so great. While we were teaching the Restoration it just all came together for me again.. I was able to teach with such a good personal understanding again of why this was so important.. how really the restoration means-- SALVATION IS AVAILABLE. and so we were able to invite them to be baptized and the daughter was like I WANT TO DO THAT!! and begging her mom at the end to just let her be baptized haha.. the mom was baptized when she was a baby so we are going to have to just help her understand authority a little bit better...... but they already agreed to come to church next week :) it was amazing. the Lord is so good. :) He truly guided us and helped us SO much.

Then that evening the elder's investigators (the parents of the new member 16 year old girl) got married!!!!!!!! It was so great :) Their family came down and it was just really good. #miracles!!! The dad bore his testimony yesterday at church and he isn't even baptized yet and he was acting like he was.. just telling everyone how much he loves the church and how happy his family is and it was so great. Such an amazing family.

Today we went to downtown Raleigh and went to a museum and it was really really fun!!!!!!! I took a lot of pictures.. but i will just give you a couple :) haha..


Well. thank you for everything.. this week has been a lot better than last week.. I am understanding better each and every single day more of my purpose as a missionary.. and how if those things are my purposes.. how I need to help people know those things and truly help them understand that I am just trying to help them have SALVATION. I just want to help ONE soul come to Christ.. ONE. and that is all I have been begging the Lord to help me do. I know it will happen. I love the Lord so much.. and I am so grateful for His mercy and unconditional love..
Have a wonderful week :)


-Hermana Weller

No comments:

Post a Comment